Back to Back Shower Valve / Trim Kit Best Practice

Users who are viewing this thread

jimmy408

Reaction score
Hi all - looking for some guidance on what to do in my back to back shower remodel project. I redid plumbing to have side #1 traditional (hot left / cold right) and side #2 has the reverse (just copied what was existing). I will note that I could redo plumbing to make side #2 traditional but trying to explore other solutions before cutting out the relevant section to cross back over to traditional.

I am using delta multichoice valves on both side so flipping the cartridge 180 degrees is not an issue for side #2.

The problem I am having is on the trim kits. They all seem to have the writing oriented to standard (duh) and I am not seeing a great solution to accommodate side #2 other than putting the face plate upside down? Am I missing something obvious here?

This is my first shower project so thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_7544.JPG
    IMG_7544.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 24
  • trimkit.png
    trimkit.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 21

jimmy408

Reaction score
I would also think if I left the face plate in the normal orientation but changed the handle it would start with really hot water which would not be ideal.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Delta provides instructions with their valves and trim kits on how to install back to back showers. Basically you rotate the entire cartridge 180 and install the trim as normal.

The cartridge should have an H stamped and should point to the hot side of the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks