Advice on replacement Toliets

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Porcelain is porcelain...don't use abrasive cleaners on any of them. Don't use in-tank cleaning products (like anything with bleach in it) as they will degrade any toilet's rubber parts. Other than that, and that is true for any toilet, most anything available for cleaning the toilet should work. If you get Sanaglos, you won't have to clean the inside as much as one without it or a similar product.

Briant73

Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone who has chimed in or been following this thread an update. I decided to replace both toliets with two new Toto drakes. Had two Toto toliets installed today, one ADA Elongated cst744sl, and the other a round cst743s. Had a plumber do the install, he found that both flanges had a crack though only one appeared to be leaking (the one I suspected). So far the toliets seem to be working well with a quick flush action. There is some noise after flushing mainly it's the sound of water running but the tanks fill quickly.

So far pretty happy with them and the install, everything seems solid so far and glad the pro found the source to the leak.

Briant73

Reaction score
It's been about a month since I had the two Toto drakes installed and figured I'd report on them. I barely notice them anymore which is a good thing, meaning they do their job and do it well without me noticing them.

No issues so far with any clogs or leaks
Fills quickly
Some manual cleaning of the bowl needed but less then the Kohler Wellworth they replaced. I got the non CEFIONTECT finish
Comfort is good overall
I would like the the flush/refill to be quieter but both of these functions are over with quickly which is a plus.

I do notice at times the bowls seem to have different water levels in them but I did some testing and noticed if I hold the lever down a bit longer before i release it seems to fill the bowl higher than if i just push it down quickly and release.

Last edited: