Toto drake still the best choice? Help me pick a toilet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Nicholasrellim

Reaction score
Need to order a couple toilets today for my remodel. Will be living in this place for many years to come. Want to but good toilets. From previous posts it seems the Toto drake is a good product. So my current short list is the drake model CST776CSFG

It has the cefiontech coating that was recommended. Next option is the champion 4 from the big box. On sale now for 199. The Toto with shipping is about 320 per bowl. This site has never steered me wrong. I greatly value everyone’s opinion on here. Any recommendations or advice is greatly appreciated!

GReynolds929

Reaction score
American standard is substandard. Toto is good but expensive. Kohler is over rated, you're paying for the name. My company likes and has had great results with Gerber Viper, Avalanche, and Avalanche Elite toilets.

Reach4

Reaction score
It looks like the CST776CSFG is a 1.6 gpf toilet. I would expect that to have a flapper rather than a tower. That is good IMO.

Try this search using the search box above:
toto tower

I also suggest this search:
highline

You are doing a remodel. That often involves new flooring. The toilet should be atop the flooring. If the flooring is floating flooring, that can bring about some additional consideration.

When you pull the toilet and find that the rough in is pretty different from 12 inches, that should change your plans.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks