Replaced Toto flush tower, now handle has too much play

Users who are viewing this thread

edronline

Reaction score
Hi -- I have a Toto Drake II 1G toilet, left hand flush.
I replaced the original flush tower with a new flush tower - I can't find the model #, but it was the correct one. I replaced the flush tower in another Drake II toilet we have in our house without incident.

With this newest toilet, the flush handle has too much play. I pull it forward to flush and if I pull it too high, the flush handle loses tension and the flush tower valve closes. Inside you can see the metal wire pulling, and it's almost as if it pulls too far and then the tower slips back down.

On the toilet with the replaced flush tower that doesn't have this problem, the flush handle has a hard stop seemingly built in, so it doesn't get past the "slipping free" stage.

What did I do wrong with toilet #2?

It's a plug in type model for the flush handle -- the flush handle has a white spindle on the inside, and you take a white receiver attached to the flush cable and pop it on the spindle.

thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks