Advice on Cleanout drain situation

Users who are viewing this thread

footballfangb

Reaction score
I recently just got concrete poured in our side yard. I wasn't there while the contractor was pouring in concrete but noticed after they poured in that the main clean out drain of our house is partially submerged in concrete as shown in attached pictures. It looks like I should be able to open the drain though, although I haven't tried it yet as I am waiting for the concrete to settle. Should I ask the contractor to do something else around the concrete drain so it's easier to access? if so, what should I ask? The contractor will be doing other work next week (building a wall and paver patio etc), so while they are here they could fix it, if I tell them what I want.

Attachments

• IMG_6398.jpg
    IMG_6398.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6396.jpg
    IMG_6396.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 184

footballfangb

Reaction score
Hi everyone - This is my first time posting here. Any advice to change or should I leave it like it is? If I posted in the wrong section of the forum, please let me know too.

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
There's nothing left for you or him to do. he scraped the concrete away from the clean out plug so you would have access to it.
That is all he is required to do. It's fine the way it is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks