Adding 2nd floor laundry drain design question

Users who are viewing this thread

rygiric88

Reaction score
my wife and i are currently looking at options to put in a 2nd floor laundry room. i have a very basic understanding of plumbing knowledge and need some help figuring out what is possible and what is not for our possible addition to our home DWV system. Obviously anything can be done with the right amount of cash, but with a limited budget and trying to avoid major reconstruction, i have a mock sketch of what i think is possible. i am looking to see if something in my sketch is incorrect or obviously poorly designed. if it looks ok and is designed correctly this would be the easiest way to make this work based on the home layout. our house was built in 1962 and a 1st floor bath and master shower have been added which is why some of the plumbing may not be as streamlined as it could have been if the remodels had all been done at once. thanks in advance for any info/advice.

NEWPLUMBING.png

p.s. the drawing is a crude sketch of what the house currently has including what i "hope" we can do. its not to scale necessarily, but it should get the point across.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't drop a washer into a first story vent for a urinal.
The washer must come in below any fixtures and below any venting. Otherwise you will be sucking all the water from the traps of the fixtures below.

dwv_b2.jpg

An example of stacked plumbing and how it's vented.

rygiric88

Reaction score
so as far as the venting portion goes, that looks ok for design i take it? here is a redo of my sketch. i think this is what your saying i need to do. if this is an ok drawing for the design i think we can get away with this cost wise as this would require the least amount of work. i am just trying to get an idea of what might need to be done before we actually get a contractor in and gives us an estimate thats sky high because what i envision for the remodel will cost a ton of money because my designs are not possible

Attachments

• NEWPLUMBINGupdated.png
    NEWPLUMBINGupdated.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 722

rygiric88

Reaction score
thanks for the help. i appreciate the quick responses. looks like ill try and move forward with the remodel hopefully.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks