Search results

1. Radiant heating newbie

Best bathroom fixtures

I have three full baths. They are all twenty years old and they are in very good condition. We are in a dilemma over here that if we sell the house some folks want a redone bathroom and some folks it doesn't matter what the bathroom looks like they will redo the bathroom to their liking and we...
  2. Radiant heating newbie

PVC Pipe Clicking

Hi - I am sure this one is an easy one for the crew that is on this site. I have a PVC pipe running down behind the drywall in the office. What I have noticed is when the above apartments dishwasher runs the water discharge going down the pipe makes a clicking noise. I am thinking the dishwasher...
  3. Radiant heating newbie

Pumping solution

hi, The city's water main break on a 12-inch pipe flooded my church's basement. It made me think about my home, a couple of blocks away. I have a true sub-basement with a French drainage system. It has a sump pit with a sump pump and a marine battery backup sump pump. I think that setup is...
  4. Radiant heating newbie

Cleaning Condensate Pumps

Hi just would like to know the best way to clean a condensate pump vinyl tubing line for discharge. I looked on the web and found putting bleach in the pump water bin is a good way. Then I found a lot of postings saying that is not the way to go. The bleach can corrode pipes. Then i found to use...
  5. Radiant heating newbie

Pin Hole Leak

hi, I have been in the current property for about 12 years. The freezer never had the ice making device turned on. There is small copper pipe that runs from the fridge to the sink where all of the kitchen piping is. There the shut off valve has the water turned off to this pipe. Just today I...
  6. Radiant heating newbie

HVAC Surge Protector

Hi six years ago I had a surge protector installed on my central air. It made sense to me at the time. I am getting a new central air installed does everyone give a thumbs up on a surge protector? Thanks.
  7. Radiant heating newbie

Repair or replace HVAC

hi, I had a service tech come out and did routine servicing on Monday April 11, 2022. He did some pressure tests with covering the top to fake out a higher temp. Mechanically the AC which is a RUUD was working fine. Outdoor temp was just a bit under 50F. He mentioned there was a leak. He then...
  8. Radiant heating newbie

City Water Backing Up in Alleyway

hi, I posted another thread on an enclosed alleyway that backups on very fast heavy downpour. I got a lot of suggestions on the cause of it. I think i figured it out. The drainage pipe you can see clear white PVC and during steady rains there is no drainage issues. Only when the rain is flash...
  9. Radiant heating newbie

Water Meters for Sub Metering

Hi, Living in a small 3 unit building and wanted to install some sub meters. Overall in all of your experience with meters are they accurate and reliable? The reason why there is going to be a cost factor for installing them and I put it out there that the units who want to be metered can be...
  10. Radiant heating newbie

Outside Drain Clogging What is the best solution

Hi I have an outside drain in an enclosed alley way. Especially this year it seems to be draining slow especially on heavy downpours and creates a one inch of backed up water that eventually drains. I want to know the best way to unclog this drain. If a bacteria method is recommened is...
  11. Radiant heating newbie

DW shutoff

Hi, I have a neighbor who lives above me who will be away for a month. They want to shut off their domestic water supply with the shut off valve. I am thinking that is ok but want the experts opinion if that is ok. They did not want a water issue when they are away. Thanks for the assistance.
  12. Radiant heating newbie

No Hub Coupling

Hi I figured I will like to ask the experts here on a situation. Working in the walkout basement and realized water was dripping down. I figured it was my neighbors upstairs two floors up bathroom new install was causing the problem. We did some troubleshooting and realized the bathroom downpipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks