PVC DWV "disassemble" to add in new line

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwray

Reaction score
I have an old house with a new building sewer through basement wall. Doing major changes/renovation inside so all pluming will be replaced.

I would like to tap into the new building sewer in the basement without having to redo any more of it than necessary. Unfortunately the fittings are all very close together with only a enough of a pipe stub to join them together. To tap into the building sewer with a the new building drain I will either need to "disassemble" the exising setup a little and add in my new drain or be forced to cut the line outside the house near the cleanout and put in new pipe/fittings through the wall and into the basement to connect to the new building drain. I could do this, but there is enough to do already and I'm trying to avoid having to dig the hole, etc.

Is there a way to take apart a solvent welded PVC joint at a fitting so a new pipe/fitting can be solvent welded in?

Thanks,

Joel

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

No, and even if there were you would still have to have enough movement in the piping to slide the pipes out of the fitting and then into the new fitting. There are probably several ways to do what you want to without digging, but you might need a plumber to decide the best way is.

Jwray

Reaction score
Oh well

Thanks HJ.

That's what I thought the answer was, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks