dwv fitting not properly seated

Users who are viewing this thread

willgrab

Reaction score
I had a plumbing contractor install under ground dwv for a new build but had several leaks which i think are all repaired. my concern is over a fitting that was replaced mid run, buried except for 4' section, by forcing the 3" pipe up enough to install a coupling. by my logic there is no way the pipe and fitting would be seated to full depth. In a sewer application is this a problem or am i worried for nothing? Thank you

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
poor workmanship can be a problem fittings not bottomed out is not good. from here it looks fine so I dont have an opinion on your particular build, it would be easy to tell you rip it out . if its outside and not that deep I wouldnt worry.

willgrab

Reaction score
poor workmanship can be a problem fittings not bottomed out is not good. from here it looks fine so I dont have an opinion on your particular build, it would be easy to tell you rip it out . if its outside and not that deep I wouldnt worry.
i wish it was outside, but no, it's under slab (not there yet) and right in future kitchen!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
in that case cut it out use a coupling similar to a no hub called a shielded coupling. just one of those things take a chance or dont

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks