Whole House Monitoring System - Water alarms, freeze alerts, water consumption, etc with email alerts

Users who are viewing this thread

Beets

Reaction score
Is there a GOOD whole house monitoring system? I would like to get an email if:
- water on the floor
- house temperature gets too low
- water consumption is too high (I have a lot of irrigation and a pretty small well, so a valve sticking open or a leak could be bad for the well)
- freezer/fridge temperatures get too low

I have an old alarm system I bought off ebay about 15 years ago that does the first two. It calls my cell phone. I really need a water consumption alarm and it would be nice to have a fridge/freezer alarm. I would like these to email me because I won't have a landline forever, and we are often away so don't necessarily hear an audible alarm.

BTW, I built a system that trips the power to my well if there is water on the floor. Last night I changed RO filters, and didn't notice that I hadn't tightened the filters housing correctly. It sprayed all over shortly after I left the utility room. I went looking for a problem when I noticed there was no water pressure in the house. That low-tech solution saved me from my carelessness! My ebay system did not alert me because the battery was dead (again, I was being careless and not keeping up with maintenance). There is definitely value to a layered approach.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks