Very Confusing Furnace: No Signs Of Life

Users who are viewing this thread

Atimu

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 10 year old Lennox furnace that stopped working overnight. Tried swapping thermostat with an identical functional one, nothing. Green led on board does not light up at all. It is getting 109 volts at the control board but the moment you plug in the 24v transformer, it drops to 0.1 volts at the board where the primary transformer wires connect, and at the other end of the transformer it's 0.02, so transformer's stepping down what it's getting in. Take the transformer out and the board is back to around 109v. Tried 2 new transformers, 2 new control boards, new run capacitor, exact same results. Tried jumping red and green, nothing. Tried bypassing cover safety switch. Condensate pump float switch isn't tripped, breaker, wall switch, everything is looking good. Fan spins freely by hand. Board fuse is good but tried 2 others anyways. New air filter too.

Plugged in a 24v transformer to the wall to bypass the board, relay clicks once, board led blinks slowly 10x at a time, but nothing else happens. Diagnostic codes says that means line voltage polarity reversed. Tried reversing lines but does the same code.

I think I've covered most of the bases and am looking to see if there are any other options. Any input is much appreciated! Thanks

Furnace model: C33-25B-2F-6
Serial: 6012E44238

Fitter30

Reaction score
C33 comes up as a evap coil. Take a pic of the wiring diagram. Measure voltage at a reciprocal if its 120vac then check at furnace breaker, furnace switch and blower door safety switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks