Two water heater plumbing correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Beni0016

Reaction score
I just had two water heaters replaced. Same tanks and size but installer plumbed them differently. Was previously symmetrical (same distance on each side of the T joint to each water heater). The new plumbing is not symmetrical. Roughly 9” from T joint to left heater and 15” to right heater. Is this done incorrectly is there a reason to do it this way?

1712715246023.jpeg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
its contradictory to say center it up . and then to always pipe reverse return . those are 2 diferant methods but this method matches neither correctly. (its called paraelle and requires equal pipe lengths) Either method has a correct way Im leaning toward reverse return method

Beni0016

Reaction score
its contradictory to say center it up . and then to always pipe reverse return . those are 2 diferant methods but this method matches neither correctly. (its called paraelle and requires equal pipe lengths) Either method has a correct way Im leaning toward reverse return method
Thank you for responding. Is this a significant enough issue that It’s worth having redone?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Personally I wouldnt have gone with a paraellel system. I dont have a opinion based on negative experiance just my mind says it will always favor one tank. the reverse return first in last out seems to have gained favor.
I would expect its "worth it" to ask your plumber to center it up and expect to not pay a dime, but to switch to first in last out really isnt a big change but I dont know that you should expect that at no charge and whether its worth paying to make the change might or might not be worth it