Toto Nexus 1GPF vs. 1.28GPF

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYtry

Reaction score
How does the 1GPF compare with the 1.28GPF? Any issues with less water?

Honestly, I am a bit nervous to get the 1GPF...but apparently would have to wait a bit to get ahold of the 1.28 version.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1G works fine. And if you're wanting more water than that, when you lift the handle, hold it a moment longer and the tank will drop more water. Most of the time, you're wanting to use just the one gallon anyway. And yes, it does flush well with 1 for waste too.

DIYtry

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. So you would not say that the 1G is more prone to clogging?

Rossn

Reaction score
It hasn't been an issue.
Great timing on this thread! We are getting ready to order a few Nexus, and have a related question, so I'll attempt to re-use this thread. Question is less so about the toilet clogging, and more about drain system risks of clogging.

We are water conservation minded, and given the below, should we be considering the 1.28G version (versus 1.0 G) for any of our baths?

PDF of drain layout is attached.

- 1960's cast iron main line: good shape, but aged, and minor root intrusion at the transition near the septic tank
- Furthest WC #5 waste travels 115' to the septic system
- Hopefully the work noted as done in the 80's slopes at code... the 2018 below-gradework is at 1/8"/ft, but not better.
- Occasionally WC #2 clogs. Usually at the toilet, a few times a little lower down. Currently Kohler Gabrielle (1.28G).
- WC #2 is a half bath, and probably the most commonly used for doing #2. Will be getting a washlet, but guests likely would still use TP

Attachments

• SEWER_20220206_v1.PDF
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,385

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
1960's cast I would be thinking 1.28. Although, even with the 1G's, you can hold the handle a bit longer and still get more water.

Rossn

Reaction score
1960's cast I would be thinking 1.28. Although, even with the 1G's, you can hold the handle a bit longer and still get more water.
Thanks, Terry

Yeah, that is what I was envisioning as well. Pour water down pvc/abs at 1/8", I imagine it will all come out the other end. I feel like with the cast iron, less will come out.

Had hoped someone would say 'no problem, go 1G', but practicality kicks in.