This is fixed - I saw a little spark twice today in this junction box

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
I have replaced this junction box like couple of weeks ago - still did not put the cover plate yet
so today I saw little sparks twice inside this junction box

What could be the reason and solution?

As you can see in the pic - I have put IDEAL push in connectors to extend and connect wires.

I have used the same connector to extend wire - can that cause this spark?

I should rather use inline connector to extend wires?

I have to replace 2 of the connectors which are sparking -
please suggest which of the following I should buy

or

20231217_105450_mfnr.jpg

Last edited:

bingow

Reaction score

OK got the pic. DIYer here; not familiar with NEC push-in vs wire nuts. Have you isolated the connection that sparks? What's plugged into the receptical?

Last edited:

Curiousv

Reaction score

OK got the pic. DIYer here; not familiar with NEC push-in vs wire nuts. Have you isolated the connection that sparks? What's plugged into the receptical?

Yes now I have isolated the - 2 of them are sparking - but only if I use top plug in - in the bottom plug in(what you see in pic partially) - refrigerator is connected

Curiousv

Reaction score
Push to connect for electric no way, easy yes. A screwed connection is the second best solder is number one.
I agree but in this jn box - at least one cable is cut short (long story) so to extend this - wire nut is not possible ...I have to use at least one inline connector - to extend this - other connectors I can replace with wire nuts

so I have asked more info as to which of the inline connectors I should choose IDEAL or WAGO?