Softener recommendation for new construction

Users who are viewing this thread

dsa22

Reaction score
Hello,
First post. Thank you for all the great information everyone has posted here.
We are finishing up a new construction build, and I am planning to DIY install a softener. Here are the details-

1" PVC loop already installed in garage plus drain to outside and nearby wall outlet
Hach 5B test indicated water at kitchen faucet is 22 gpg
Link to local water quality report- https://www.coab.us/DocumentCenter/View/12092/Atlantic-Beach-CCR-2019-Water-Quality-Report
3 people in the house, but would like to size for 4 people

I am open to recommendations, but from reading here, seems like a Fleck 5810 sxt or xtr2 (I think the touch screen is the only difference) is the way to go. I am unsure if a whole house filter would be recommended.

I'd like to buy from a reputable vendor for self-install. I'm handy and have done basic plumbing, but never installed a softener before, so some level of vendor support would be helpful.

Let me know thoughts or recommendations.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks