Shower drain leaking, pics attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Ktp3

Reaction score
We did a gut renovation of our house 4 years ago. New plumbing throughout.

Relatively new shower is having some issues. Recently noted a slow dripping sound through the walls downstairs when the shower is running. Thought maybe there was a leak between the wall or floor tiles, but pouring water directly into the drain itself results in the dripping sound.

I pulled off the metal decorative drain cover as well as the plastic filter and I’m confused by what I’m looking at. I cannot identify a drainage pipe itself. The black drain piece does not seem connected to anything directly and floats above the floor of what you see in the photos. I have to imagine that the lack of a seal is causing the leak, but I’m a complete amateur.

I’m going to reach out to the plumber who did the installation, but can anyone shed some light on what was done here and what might have to be done to fix the leak? Understand of course that the leak theoretically could be from anywhere. Disappointed that a 4 year old new installation would leak like this and trying to anticipate what our plumber is going to recommend.

Thanks so much for any insights!

1707796652127.jpeg

1707796714723.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks