Leak from swivel 90 in mobile home after shower arm broke

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbingiscool

Reaction score
So my shower arm ended up breaking (gotta love a plastic one) so I’m trying to replace it. I have a new mobile home specific shower arm like what was previously there and I almost have it fixed but the plastic drop ear 90 keeps leaking. Sometimes it’s just a drip, others it may be more of a stream. I did add a picture of the shower head set up I currently have in the shower and all the pieces I’m working with. It seems to only leak once I get the shower head onto the extension and more so at full pressure from just the cold water being fully on from what I have seen. If it’s just the shower arm or it’s the shower arm and the extension, it’s fine, it’s just when the shower head is put on so I don’t think I over tightened the 90 and broke it. I think it may be the little rubber gasket/washer since I was trying to reuse the old one but I’m not sure if that’s really what’s causing it to leak. Any ideas on how to stop it from leaking?

Attachments

• IMG_4893.jpeg
    IMG_4893.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4894.jpeg
    IMG_4894.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4900.jpeg
    IMG_4900.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4901.jpeg
    IMG_4901.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4911.jpeg
    IMG_4911.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4913.jpeg
    IMG_4913.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 23
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks