Replacing a san tee with double elbow.

Users who are viewing this thread

JBeam

Reaction score
Currently I have a 2nd floor bath with a shower, that is located above a kitchen. The kitchen has bulkheads that I would like to eventually remove, however the p trap for the shower resides in one of the bulkheads.

Because of a leak, I an currently replacing the shower. Figure I would take this time to raise the price trap into the joist space. However, I ran into a problem. The 1st floor wall that contains the stack is offset from the 2nd floor wall that contains the vent. Because of this, there is a 90° on the top of the San tee. This means I can not raise it high enough to move the p trap into the joist space.

I am not sure if anyone has a solution to this problem. The one thing I thought might work would be to replace the San tee with a double elbow. This would allow me to raise it to the top of the joist. Would this be allowed?

Attachments

• 20240122_215654.jpg
    20240122_215654.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 32
  • i285400-2.jpg
    i285400-2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 33

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That isn't a legal assembly.

You might be able to cut out the tee. Use a 45 to get over into the wall and put your new tee at a 45.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks