PEX manufacturer differences that cause price variations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adkroot

Reaction score
I'm looking at a new construction installation of a PEX home-run system, and I'm seeing some big price variations between PEX brands.
Apollo and Bluefin are substantially lower priced than Viega (all type b) but overall, Uponor, Viega are priced substantially higher than their competitors.

Is this strictly a result of Chinese vs American made, and is there a reason other than political to avoid the Chinese made PEX?
Thanks, Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
I am not a plumber, just a homeowner.

Personally, I would purchase Chinese made PEX, as long as it is being produced/sold by a big manufacturer with a long track record that you know is going to be around for a while and stand behind their products.

I do believe there are differences between how manufacturers make oxygen barrier PEX. I am not sure about PEX B for potable water.

I don't do"No-Name" for Kraft Dinner or plumbing products :)

PEX is pretty inexpensive ... probably not the place to save a buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks