New DWV piping, backup out of toilet flange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tylerloch

Reaction score
I'm doing a basement finish. I jack hammered up the slab to run my toilet and shower drain tapped into the 3-inch main line drain Ran 2 combo wyes one leading Off 2 inch to my shower one leading 3 inch to my toilet. When a bulky load of laundry is ran I'm getting soap suds out of my toilet flange. Initially I plumbed incorrectly and used sanitary tees in a horizontal position and I thought that was the issue I took those out replace those with wyes and I'm still getting bubbling out of the toilet flange. I created a mock toilet to assess the situation by bolting and upside down toilet flange with a P-trap on to my toilet flange to find out if it suck the water out of the P-trap to tell me I needed another vent or if it bubbled which it bubbled out and ran out of my P-trap now I'm assuming either my drain is clogged further down I have a 3 inch drain potentially that's too small to carry the load of this house or is my toilet drain too close to my Mainline. I've also wondered if I got my direction of flow in correct although I do not see how whatsoever but if it wasn't correct then I would be getting water massively out into my shower as well and my shower has not over filled so I do believe my water is running in the correct direction of flow but it's coming out my combo wye at the toilet and I cannot figure why

Attachments

• Message_1528904830747.jpg
    Message_1528904830747.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 222
  • Message_1528829275240.jpg
    Message_1528829275240.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 20180612_142938.jpg
    20180612_142938.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 204

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My preference there would be to cut the pipe further back, use a wye and get rid of the offset flange.
If the water isn't draining from there though, there is something down line that isn't right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks