New Barndo build

Users who are viewing this thread

Brasingstone

Reaction score
Building a new pole building/ Barndo on out farm in SC. In a remote location and not many plumbing contractors. I'm in the concrete construction business and plan on doing the rough in plumbing in house. I have a room layout plan and need a plumbing design. Is there somewhere I can get this info?
IMG_1917.jpeg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
without very precice details my main would go out west side of bulding approx center of bathroom combo laying on side pointed towatrd center of w/c and wyes to pick up tub and lav wet venting along the way , then continue east to laundry room 3x2 combi on back for wash machine , continuing further toward master bath it will need a bit more figureing to pick up kitchen and bathroom probebly a 45 or wye for w/c and when main gets to the wall seperating the house from shop / barn a 3 inch clean out in that wall Maybe think about a shop sink or a 3 inch floor cleanout for a rv dump (I have no idea if an rv dump or 3 inch line in shop makes sence ) or just end all piping at the wall or floor in shop.
the shower will likely require a dry vent from this layout , and the kitchen drain you might want to come up beside window and run a trap arm over to the sink outside the wall but beneath cabinet to avoid drilling studs . but not behind a dishwasher. Im a bit unfamiliar with post and beam barns but if there is no post but a few studs I guess you can drill those if you want as they arent carrying weight?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I have seen so many botched in-slab layouts done by non-pros that my highest recommendation is to dig deep and get a pro to do the in-slab portion. There are so many ways to mess up and when in a slab, too much at stake to not do it right.
You already know to use Class II base rock or undisturbed soil but there is too much to know to get offhand layouts from us.
At the very least, have a layout done and then Facetime video(or whatever) with a pro repeatedly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks