Kohler 3/4 Rite-Temp not the right temp

Users who are viewing this thread

MadMyers

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've got a Kohler "Purist" trim that hooks to a 3/4 Rite Temp for the shower.

For the past couple of months, when the temp knob is anything other than "almost max" to max, the hot will "slowly" go away. Sometimes not that slowly.

I figured this was the Cartridge (GP1144925 -- High Flow 3.4" Pressure Balance Value). I purchased one, replaced it. But it hasn't fixed the problem. :(

The only other part is the Mixer Cap (K-85500 -- Mixer Cap Kit for 3/4" High Flow PBU Shower). Is it possible the mixer is causing the problem I described? I don't want to order it, pay the $90 or so dollars, when there's no chance it will help. But if this isn't likely the problem, what else could it be? Other than, perhaps, I got a new but defective GP1144925.

Any recommendations? Huge thanks.

MadMyers

Reaction score
That's certainly interesting to know, thanks.

I'd still appreciate any thoughts regarding the best way to repair / whether it makes sense to swap the Mixer, etc.

Last edited:

MadMyers

Reaction score
I spoke with Kohler today. Some info...

1) Don't tell them the produce was installed when you purchased the house. The lifetime warranty goes away. Be aware of their question "When was it installed?" If you answer, "I'm not certain, it was there when I purchased the house" then they tell you the warranty only applies to original owner.

2) I told them I replaced the GP1144925 Pressure Balance Valve and it didn't fix the issue. I asked whether it made sense to replace the mixing valve. They said no.

3) They suggested my new GP1144925 was defective on arrival. Because I purchased that, they are 2-day mailing me a new one.

I know new parts can be defective but I'm suspicious here... not that there's any other obvious solution -- unless someone here has a suggestion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks