Kitchen faucet: Switch not working after cartridge installation

Users who are viewing this thread

JWBlue

Reaction score
Our Delta kitchen faucet has a wand that has three buttons that change the water flow.

https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/X00085216_C.pdf (Page 9)

A plumber replaced the faucet cartridge. Now one of the buttons does not work. I called the plumber back and he claims that it has nothing to do with the work he did replacing the cartridge.

One of two things happened:

1) He broke the button.
2) The cartridge was not installed correctly causing the button to not work correctly. The button does seem to be jammed.

Is it possible this has to do with the cartridge not being installed correctly?

I called Delta customer service and they were of no help. The person I spoke to says the two issues are unrelated. He wanted to send me a new wand.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would wait for the new wand.
I can't see how doing anything on the cartridge would have any affect on the wand buttons. I will say that yours would not be the first wand sent out to fix that issue though. Wands can go bad and it's not something the plumber did.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks