How do I operate this valve?

Users who are viewing this thread


In the Trades
Reaction score
New York
I'm fairly sure that I'm looking at a Ford Meter Box ball valve. I'm a little concerned because the handle attachment looks a lot like some sort of lift up pressure release. And I don't want to start a big leak where the water line enters my house.

Have I identified this correctly? Am I safe giving it a quarter turn to shut off the water in my house?

Ford Valve.JPG
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks