House electric not compatible with electric blankets

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam Cook

Reaction score
I have a interesting problem...

I purchased some electric bed pads and heated blankets for my mobile home but none of them work on my home.
I checked them at another house and they all work fine. It seems like there is something wrong with the electrical in my home.
I have not had problems with other electronics ( TV, heaters, fridge, etc) but 3 electric bed pads and 2 blankets of different brands do not work. All 5 just flash indicating an electrical problem.
I tried multiple different plugs in separate breakers with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
These items have 3 prong plugs? If they have a ground assurance feature, and your receptacles are not properly grounded, that would explain the behavior. You could start by getting a plug-in receptacle tester and seeing what it says. Eg:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-Outlet-and-GFCI-Tester-GFI-3501/202867890

[The GFCI test function is not directly relevant for this question, most likely, but is a useful feature.]

A pointer to the user manual for one of them would help.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks