Help with installing a toilet hand shower bidet

Users who are viewing this thread

0rder66

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am sorry for this really newbie question, I have spent the last 1 week reading all about different types of fittings and threads and the more I google the more I am confused everyday.

I am trying to install a toilet hand shower that I bought from Amazon. I thought this one was pretty cool seeing as how it came with a mixing valve so that i can regulate the temperature of the water that comes out of the shower head. However, I quickly realized that this thing might not be compatible with standard us plumbing fittings. The mixing valve itself has 3 male connections which are all 1/2" IPS threaded. I bought a 5 foot braided supply hose wich has two 1/2 inc FIP connectors.

I am attaching a diagram of all the components, could anyone please tell me if
1. The connection between the "Mixing Valve" and the "Diverter" both of which have 1/2" IPS connections. If I connect them using a 60 inch braided stainless steel supply hose line with 1/2 inch FIP connectors on each end is acceptable? (Connection #1 and Connection #2 on attached image)

2. Also if I use two 3/8 inch compression braided supply line from the wall to the Mixing Valve, would that work? (Connection X and Connection Y on attached image)

Attachments

• Install.png
    Install.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 89

Fitter30

Reaction score
This fitting should fit your mixing valve need two of them
2 -3/8" compression tees water supply to mixing valve

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks