Fleck 5600 32,000 Grain overall height???

Users who are viewing this thread

mvoorhees

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the fleck 5600 32,ooo grain system or possibly the 5600sxt but my closet it is going in only has 54.5" of clearance. Several sites list different heights. Some say 54" others say 56". Does anyone have this unit that can give me the exact height?

Reach4

Reaction score
My 5600SXT sitting atop a 54x10 tank stands a little under 63 inches tall. Thus the mounted controller adds a little under 9 inches. If I had to unscrew the controller as it sits, that would add some height requirement. Presuming you could move it out for service, that would mean that you could use one of these:
9" x 40" 1.00 cu.ft. ( 32,000 grains ) **SUSPECT GRAINS
10" x 40" 1.00 cu .ft. ( 32,000 grains )
10" x 44" 1.25 cu. ft. ( 40,000 grains )
That is from http://www.softenerparts.com/Resin_Replacement_s/54.htm

But wait. That is seemingly not reasonable -- that 9x40 and 10x40 would have the same capacity. They may be presuming a turbulator on the 9x40.

Also note that the grains number is nominal for comparison only, and is not suitable for actual calculations.

mvoorhees

Reaction score
perfect! That is exactly the info I needed. Never thought to individually source each part. Thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score
perfect! That is exactly the info I needed. Never thought to individually source each part. Thank you!
You don't need to source the parts separately. Just call and tell them what you want, and I expect they can kit them for you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks