Drip only when sitting on toilet. Not Leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cal1956

Reaction score
Hi,

We noticed our toilet has a slow and steady drip only when sitting on the toilet. Not seeing any leak to speak of. Very strange. Should we be worried? Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
You are hearing a drip, but not seeing a drip, right?

Is this drip after you have peed, or does the sound occur when you have simply put some weight on the seat?

Cal1956

Reaction score
just sitting on the toilet. even with the seat down. looks like just some weight on it is causing it to happen.

correct, not seeing any drip or water. Just hearing a very slow drip sound

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect the toilet settles some in the rear, or the floor beneath the toilet deflects a bit, allowing water to drip over the weir. If you cannot actually detect a deflection, I would not worry about the sound of the drips. I would not try to work around this by decreasing bowl refill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks