Disposing of old toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What is the proper way to dispose of an old toilet? Is the material recycled in any useful way, or should I just break it up and send it to the landfill. Thanks for any advice.
Jon Miller

With the tank removed, they make interesting planters.
hj

hj,
That's just what I would have said, and now you went and said it first. I know it's a good idea, because I did it already. I musta got about twenty of them outside in the front yard. My wife plants flowers like roses and yellow ones, Marigolds? I get the most looks from my neighbors when they see how pretty it all looks. Even the postman has a big smile on his face when he sees them. Mad Plumber

garden-toilets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalton Bourne

Reaction score
When replacing a toilet, you don’t only choose to put effort into choosing a new one. You have to think about how to dispose of a toilet.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I found one about a month ago in the median on a busy street at an intersection, really pissed me off put it in my truck . took it the thrift store it was in front of and asked if I could put in their dumpster explaining situation they said no LOL went to another location they granted me.
I took 3 to a dump location it was around 36 bucks few months ago. I need to get 100 bucks to haul them off unless its charity work