Booster Pump Pressure Tank and Water Velocity/Turbulence => Pinhole Leaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

emstone

Reaction score
I'm looking for and would appreciate some someone independent advice on this issue because every plumber and water quality expert gives me a different answer.

Setup:
1994 Construction, Large home with many feet of copper pipes and an guest house that is quite far away.
Current: Water Storage ---> 12V Piston Pump --> Entire Plumbing /Distant Guest House --> Pressure Tank
Original Design: Water Storage ---> 12V Piston Pump--> Pressure Tank --> Distant Guest House

Original pressure tank was directly after 12V Pump and before rest of plumbing but it was steel and appears to have failed one day so I think they added a tank at the end of the system rather than remove it.

Problem:
Continual Pinhole Leaks Throughout Property

I have a feeling that the water velocity when the pump runs may be a greater problem to solve than the water hardness when it comes to reducing pinhole leaks. Solving water hardness will be tricky because I can't drain to my unique wetlands septic system.

Water Chemistry: PH 7.74 / TDS 377mg/L / Hardness 303mg/L

Question:
1. Would replacing the original tank assist in reducing turbulence caused when the pump is pumping? Is it turbulence or velocity I am concerned with from this pump. I think a water hammer arrester would not help in reducing the turbulence from the pump.
2. If not, what's my best course of action?