Blocked anode rod on my hot water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Jfspartners

Reaction score
I had my gas hot water replaced 6 months ago and I decided to replace the existing magnesium anode rod with and electric titanium one to help with smell and promote tank life. I went to do it and noticed the plumber had T'ed the expansion tank and hot line out right over the anode rod. It would have be re-routed to get the anode rod out.

Is this common practice or should I get the plumber back to fix it?

Thanks

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probbebly not the smartest thing to do. but honestly no one is thinking about changing anodes that I know. Are you asking should he come back for free? Id say no , but if he was charging tip top dollar like 3 grand for it originaly Id say yes he should do it free.

Jfspartners

Reaction score
Probbebly not the smartest thing to do. but honestly no one is thinking about changing anodes that I know. Are you asking should he come back for free? Id say no , but if he was charging tip top dollar like 3 grand for it originaly Id say yes he should do it free.
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks