Basement - Rehab with existing rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYMan

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,
Moved into a new build last year and will be tackling the basement myself over the next several months. This includes a 3 piece bathroom that we had roughed in during construction. I just wanted to make sure I'm interpreting the layout correctly so I'm looking for some guidance on what I'm looking at. Moving from left to right, then front to back -

- left pipe is 2" drain encased in a 4" cut out, is this the shower drain?
- right pipe is a 3" drain, toilet drain?
- set of pipes (tied together), is that for the sink? I followed it back and it's tied to the vent pipe for the discharge pump as well.

Thanks for any insight.

IMG_8572.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think your assesment is correct . I dont know the exact floor plan , maybe the builder had a floor plan in mind, I would have expected the 2 pipes tied together to be in alighnment

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks