Any Experience With New Drake 1G?

Users who are viewing this thread

LeoD

Reaction score
I'd originally planned to install a Drake II 1G, until I realized it wouldn't clear the floor-mounted supply line. Thanks to Terry for suggesting that the new Drake might fit.

The TOTO Gallery is the only place nearby that has one on display, so I went in to measure, and sure enough, it will fit!

Since there aren't many reviews online yet, I asked the woman at the Gallery whether they'd had much customer feedback. Even they haven't heard much on it yet, but she said streaking might be an issue, due to the small water spot.

Seems like the closest TOTO model (functionally) is the Aquia IV (also a DynaMax washdown), and it has some reviews that mention streaking.

The new Drake would save me the headache of drilling tile, crawling under the house and sweating copper in a tiny crawl space, in order to move the supply line... but I'd hate to regret "making a compromise" if I'd be unhappy with the new Drake.

Has anyone here had first-hand experience with the new Drake?

(BTW, the 1G is due to local rebate requirements.... and to save water.)

Thank you!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just had a class for Toto installations and while waiting for some folk to arrive we went over the new Drake. They all come with CefiOnTec coating now as a standard feature so coupled with the Tornado wash down system its supposed to overcome the small water spot problem of the first series of terrible 1.6gpf toilets of the 80's. I haven't installed any on my projects yet and I don't think I have one in the showroom yet either.. maybe I'll get one for home and see for myself.

Ahh.. We do have one of the 1gpf / .08gpf versions on the floor.

LeoD

Reaction score
Thank you for that info. I was hoping Toto did their homework on this one, and from what you say it sounds like they did.

Any updates on installations would be great!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm thinking they would frown on me taking the display model home! I think this is the toilet I'll install at home. But have a big remodel for this bathroom.. won't have any news on this one for a while.

LeoD

Reaction score
I'd agree.. Maybe not best to take the display model!

Both the info you received from Toto installation class and the fact that you're thinking of installing this model yourself are encouraging. I'll look forward to your impressions when (if) you install it.

In the meantime, if anyone else has installed this model, your experience with it would be a big help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks