All zones on at same time, nothing pops up

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin1b

Bill
Reaction score
Went to turn on my sprinkler system for the second time this year and nothing comes up. Confirmed water is flowing from pump (not sure if rate has changed though). No sprinklers come up, but every sprinkler I check has water weeping out of it (enough to cover the head, as the heads are a little low).

I've confirmed the controller is sending proper voltage to the valve, the solenoid actuates, but seems water is coming out of each zone. When I go to each valve, I open the bleed valve (hunter pgv) and water slowly comes out. Walked near the main to confirm there isn't a main leak, haven't found anything yet. Pulled a valve and didn't see anything (debris).

One more detail. If I pressurize the main only, without opening any valves, water still flows from all sprinklers.

Not sure where to go from here.

Bill

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is there a pump that should be running and isn't? Sounds like a low flow issue to me.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
its a basic thing you need to figure out where the pressure is remove sprinker valve if no water comes out work your way upstream to figure

Martin1b

Bill
Reaction score
I do have flow at the outlet of the pump. I have a clear filter (that I've removed the media) where i can see flow. After that, it tees to the different valve boxes. I don't have a way to shut it off and measure without digging it up. Are you saying that's the next step? Or should I pull it from the pitless and measure the flow rate?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
id just pull the top off sprink valve if water dosent flow youll know its a problem upstream

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Sure the pump housing did not crack due to freezing? A broken pipe from the pump to the zone valve manifold or indexing valve will do the same. The pitless adapter is a good place to start. There should be a valve installed between the pump and the irrigation system, If not add one. How is the pump primed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks