Search results

1. Jmcnam

BK Mueller stem

I have a BK Mueller frost free quarter turn sill cock that was spinning freely when I moved into the house this last fall. With better weather I decided to take it apart and discovered that it is sheared off from the last two inches or so where there appears to be some threading. I can see a...
  2. Jmcnam

Sump pump backup

Just replaced my primary sump pump with a zoeller m63. My question is on a back up system. I can't afford a whole house automatic generator at current. Should I go with a back up inverter like a sump pump sentry to power my primary pump, or a battery backup system with a 12 volt pump like Wayne...
  3. Jmcnam

Best primary sump pump and best battery backup

Thanks. We are on a well, so water backup is not an option. I have read/heard that zoellers occasionally have a problem with air locking. Apparently nexgen are only easily available on Ohio/Michigan at current
  4. Jmcnam

Best primary sump pump and best battery backup

Looking for unbiased input on best sump pump and battery backup available? So far I have someone telling me nexgen pumps our the best thing going? Anyone think differently or know of any drawbacks of them? Thanks Jim
  5. Jmcnam

Morton m45 45000 grain

Gotcha. I will be getting water test results soon. I thinking under $1000
  6. Jmcnam

Morton m45 45000 grain

I am on a budget. There is a Whirlpool Whes40 4000 grain unit in place that I don't believe is functioning properly(testing water today) best I can tell it is at least 10 years old. Reading the stats on the Morton m45 45000 grain unit it seems fairly impressive with a reported 12ppm clear iron...