Search results

1. PlumboutofNecessity

Cut cast iron hub to transition to PVC

Is it allowed (UPC) to cut the hub off of a cast iron connection to transition to PVC or are you only allowed to transition from cast iron pipe? The picture indicates the part I want to cut off (the clean out that is circles in red) and then extend that whole pipe out using a 4"-4" Fernco...
  2. PlumboutofNecessity

Studor vent underneath upstairs shower?

Hello, I am installing a new drain for an upstairs shower. I'm not going to use the old 1.5" galvanized pipe (which is not vented properly anyway) and attaches to the CI soil/stack (home was built in the 60's). I have a 2" PVC drain pipe on the first floor that I'd like to have this new shower...
  3. PlumboutofNecessity

Shower/tubs not vented - did they used to not care back in the 60s?

These images show the plumbing for two back-to-back bathrooms. The waste stack curves and goes horizontal here and then continues to the roof before the two toilets branch off. I assume that the bathroom sinks drain into this second rise (and hopefully are vented) further up. Note the two tubs'...
  4. PlumboutofNecessity

What is this dripping pipe at the bottom of the soil stack?

At the bottom of the soil stack right before it goes horizontal, there is a 3/4" copper pipe screwed into it that is angled downward. Whenever any water is draining from upstairs (toilet, sink, shower, etc.), a steady stream of water pours out of this thing and goes underneath the plastic...
  5. PlumboutofNecessity

How to tap new 2" washing machine drain into old steel pipe?

This image shows the existing setup in the crawl space of my split-level house. Going into the top of that metal contraption is the 1.5" kitchen sink drain and off of the wye is the downstairs bathroom sink (also 1.5") right behind that wall (and no, it is not vented and I don't think the 1.5"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks