Search results

1. slowgsr

Touchless kitchen faucet for elderly.

So long story short my father in law is moving into an in law suite in part of my home, he's pretty good except on occasion at his old apartment he would leave the sink on, filling it to wash dishes and it would overflow. So my plan is no drain plug, and I would like to find a faucet that...
  2. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

I have it finished works well, can't even notice the switch over. I would like to share photos but it says the file is too large, I am not good with computers. If I email them to someone could you upload them? Thanks
  3. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

I plumbed my lines to and from the tank, kept the isolation valves closed, but when I added check valve 'D' in the diagram at the well pump, it's messing with my CSV, the check valves are fighting each other? I loosen the screw on the CSV open my laundry sink, pressure switch kicks the pump on...
  4. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

It's just a 300 gal tank. Fits through doorways, so I was able to get it in my pump room in my basement. The pump is just a cheaper 120v Hallmark pump. It's very accessible and I got a great deal on it, brand new. If I have issues I'll upgrade it once I know the booster tank is working properly...
  5. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

Well I'm well on my way, storage tank In place, got all my wrisbo fittings and pipe, solenoid, check valve, built my flow indcuer since I'm putting a submersible in my storage tank. etc and most important my CSV came in today, so after work I got all my fittings assembled. I'll post an update...
  6. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

Yes I know, my display always tells me gallons left until next regen, and i usually check in the mornings. I'm unsure exactly how much it uses during a regen, a good amount.
  7. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

I am in the process of setting it up like this. I got a submersible, I'll build a flow indcuer like what's in my well. I'll put this in my basement storage tank (300gal). I have the fill float and the solenoid, I'm going to use an intermatic din rail timer to fill the tank for 1-5 minutes per...
  8. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

Hi. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. My 300gal storage tank is large enough I could setup a submersible on a flow indcuer and just drop it in the tank to get the system setup and working, and in the future when I do dig and put in an outdoor cistern I could just transfer the pump to that...
  9. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

I was going to install a grundfos MQ but haven't purchased anything yet. I may just wait and dig for a 3000 gal cistern in the spring. That way I can put a submersible in it like I did in my well as you mentioned. Your drawings I'm interested to see, the submersible, plus another CSV, setup...
  10. slowgsr

Low yield well solution.

Last summer I successfully ditched my old 2 line jet pump and replaced it with a submersible in a flow indcuer, added a CSV and a cycle sensor. The system works flawless, no more noisy pump, and constant pressure. Its in a 30" bored well. About 55 feet deep, at the time static water was at 49...
  11. slowgsr

My submersible pump in a dug well setup.

I got a lot of the ideas from here, and a local concrete and pipe supplier who stocks pumps, fittings, tanks and everything else. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. My flow inducer is actually sdr 26, its got a larger ID then sdr 36 (only by 1/8), so slightly easier to keep the pump...
  12. slowgsr

My submersible pump in a dug well setup.

Thought I would share. Flow inducer I built, trenched and buried new poly and power. Did a csv and new tank, plus a csv monitor. Nice and quiet, more efficient I'm thinking then my old 2 line jet. I wrapped the exposed steel to poly connection in blue skin after the leak test. I held the pit...
  13. slowgsr

Putting submersible in a dug well, and adding a pitless adaptor.

I got the flow inducer made. Its sdr 26, has 3 centering bolts on the bottom, and a plastic well cap. The T will help prevent it from sucking 'upwards' sediment (if any). Then a stainless nipple and secondary check valve. I got a new trench 5ft deep dug with my mini ex to the well from the...
  14. slowgsr

Check valve needed on 2 pipe jet pump?

A few years ago my foot valve or piping on my 2 line jet starting leaking, in itself will only hold 15psi, so I put a check between the pump feed and the pressure switch, keeps my house/tank up to pressure but the pump drop lines pressure quickly drop to 12-15psi or so. Been working flawless...
  15. slowgsr

Newbie Conduit Bender

It comes with experience, how far away is the 9" obstacle, sometimes when a conduit leave a the box it makes an offset in a few feet say off the wall into a beam, and its easier to bend, line it up in place and mark where the centre of the box offset is, otherwise you can't always get it in the...
  16. slowgsr

thanks, schedule 80 pvc would be better, as it would be rigid, I assume the poly stuff has memory and is going to spiral all over the place in a 30" bore. I do have a rigid threader, so I could probably buy 10 foot pre threaded pieces then only have to thread one end for the final height...
  17. slowgsr

with a flow inducer on the bottom, there wouldn't be the full weight of a pump and line hanging off the pitless, so I don't know if the pit less required downward pull to seal, of if as long as its engaged and the weight of my flow inducer/pump provides a slight downward pull that it will still...
  18. slowgsr

ok. So maybe at the top of the well i could tapcon a small D ring to the wall of the casing, so I can adjust my guy wire tension to give good downward weight on the poly line to keep the pitless tight once the unit is on the well, and I can crimp it and hook to the d ring. I could even set it...
  19. slowgsr

hi thanks for the reply. If I build a flow inducer set the pump on the bottom of my well use a well cap on the flow inducer and have the open end 90 up about 2 or 3 feet to prevent the pump from sucking any sand etc from the bottom how do I keep the pitless 'locked in' since the pump is on the...
  20. slowgsr

So I have a 30" precast lined dug well. Its about 55 feet deep, and there's 12 feet of water in it. I just measured, its been a very dry year. Regardless the well provides us with clean water. I'm tired of listening to the 2 line jet pump, and I'm considering having my father in law move in. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks