Search results

1. -TH-

Champion 4 Poor Flush - Revisited

Wjcandee, Thanks for the tips. Based on you advice I played around with this some more. I couldn't really get it to ever work properly, but i would like to try again when I am back up there. I may just try a new flapper too. I will report back later. Thanks again! TH
  2. -TH-

Champion 4 Poor Flush - Revisited

Hello all, I recently installed this toilet in my parents cottage after having much success and zero plugs with the two I put in our house. Unfortunately this third one requires the handle to be held down in order to get a complete flush. When i watch the different toilets operate, the...
  3. -TH-

Basement bath/laundry DWV diagram. Is it to code?

Here's my latest sketch for anyone who is interested. I'm always open to feedback :)...
  4. -TH-

Ok thanks I do appreciate that. So would the sketch below be ok? I think I could run two vent lines over like that. Space is tight, it's a 100 year old house (right now the kitchen sink isn't vented at all). Btw I would love to hire a local plumber but I just don't have the money (large...
  5. -TH-

Thanks I really appreciate the feedback. So would the way I had it on the previous sketch work, with the cleanout on the floor? I might be leaving the walls around the toilet, shower, and lav as bare concrete, so that might work better.
  6. -TH-

Ok thanks. I've revised my sketch again (below). From what I can tell, Michigan uses 2012 IPC with just a few variations. Do you know off hand if any of the california code violations you are referring to would also violate the 2012 IPC?
  7. -TH-

Are these in the IPC code? I don't see them in the 2012 IPC and I think that's what michigan uses right now
  8. -TH-

Question about wet venting a toilet and shower

Ok thanks. So is it ever even possible to wet vent a shower and toilet with the same wet vent?
  9. -TH-

Latest sketch below. I was hoping to avoid running a separate vent for the shower drain across the ceiling like that but I can work with it. The shower drain vent comes off at 45°. I should have all my bases covered now but please chime in if anything looks not right . Thanks. TH
  10. -TH-

Question about wet venting a toilet and shower

In the sketch below, is it acceptable to have the shower and toilet wet vented by the lav. like that (as long as my distances from trap to vent are within code)? Thanks!
  11. -TH-

Ok thanks everyone for the input, very helpful. One question, in the sketch below, is it ok to have the shower and toilet wet vented by the lav. like that (as long as my distances from trap to vent are within code)?
  12. -TH-

Hello, I am a DIY'er looking to begin work on adding a bath/laundry to our 100 y/o home's basement. Based on some input from another thread, and also tons of research, this is the latest diagram I have come up with. I live in Zeeland, Michigan so I'm pretty sure we use IPC. Any...
  13. -TH-

DWV review please for a DIY'er planning a basement laundry/bath

Ok here's my latest sketch. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could look it over for any mistakes. I'm hoping to get a permit and start working soon. Thanks a bunch!
  14. -TH-

What makes this one a bit tricky is that the rectangles on the floor in the sketch represent 11" thick concrete walls of an old cistern. I'm cutting the opening in the wall and putting a shower/toilet/sink in the cistern and I'm hoping to leave the walls as bare concrete on the inside. The...
  15. -TH-

Ok thank you. The sources I was looking at gave those max dimensions but maybe that was old code for Michigan? I'm planning on getting a book before too much longer. Anyway, my actual dimensions are just under 42" each so hopefully that will be to code. Can the shower vent stay horizontal...
  16. -TH-

Ok thanks for the feedback. New sketch is below. Added one more clean out which makes 6 total. That's still correct? Do I need to have the one above the sink drain? Or can I move it to below the floor? It's a little tight under the kitchen sink. Thanks again. Edit: one more question, can...
  17. -TH-

Does anyone know if I need all of those cleanouts? Or if I have them in the right places? I still can't determine whether or not I do. Thanks.
  18. -TH-

Ok thank you Terry I really appreciate the feedback. New sketch is below. I will make sure the horizontal branch arm lengths do not exceed mich code maximums, and also that the vent tie ins are above 42" above respective floors. I'm fuzzy on where clean outs are required however. Any...
  19. -TH-

Hello all, I would like to add a laundry/bath room in the basement of our 100 year old home. It is right below the kitchen which currently has a sink drain that is not vented at all and goes straight down into the basement floor of the proposed laundry/bath. I believe it connects underground...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks