Search results

1. Soulbarn

At the height of the big freeze, one of our faucets stopped working. Sediment built up. Coincidence?

During the big freeze, despite our precautions, one bathroom faucet stopped working. It is in the middle of the house, but the line does come directly up from our unheated basement (so do all the lines, but this was the only one that had a problem.) I spent a day applying heat, not directly to...
  2. Soulbarn

Jotul gas heater making rhythmic sounds….

I’m pretty sure this is a new sound. Unit is five years old.
  3. Soulbarn

Can't figure out knocking pipes...

so, we've got knocking pipes—always from what seems to be (since they're in the wall, can't be absolutely certain) the same general vicinity—the pipes that lead vertically from our downstairs bathrom (tub, sink, toilet) to our upstairs (sink, toilet). The knocks are sometimes quite loud...
  4. Soulbarn

Toilet still runs after FlushAll flapper and valve replacement...

It is a 1996 model American Standard toilet. It had been running mildly without stopping for a long while, so the local hardware store recommend that I replace the flapper, which I did, with a Kenney K835-9 FlushAll. That didn't solve the problem, and the valve assembly was really old and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks