Search results

1. Brayburn

Washing machine drain line vent question

Thought about an AAV but certainly they don't get much love here! Would be the easiest by far. Unfortunately the sink is on the other side of a cinder block wall, and will be the primary "kitchen" sink for cooking / cleanup, etc. so not ideal.
  2. Brayburn

Washing machine drain line vent question

Hi! We are doing a remodel upstairs and need to arrange a "temporary" (read 6 months) laundry room in the lower level (still above grade garage). The water supply was easy - tapped into existing hot/cold from a nearby utility sink. The drain is a little more challenging, but not bad. I...
  3. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Well ... thanks to all. I did finally get the riser loose and was able to place a new 3/8" nipple that accepted a standard compression fitting for the new toilet. Probably not as compulsive as replacing the entire valve, but there was so little room between the wall and the fitting that I was...
  4. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Thanks all. I've got my materials together and will launch into this one evening this week. Looks like there's a cutoff in the basement for this bathroom, so that simplifies a bit. I greatly appreciate all the suggestions and help.
  5. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Ok, I've tried to remove the riser with fairly significant force and it doesn't appear to budge. Looks like I'm going to be unsoldering from the copper line and installing a new valve assembly all the way back. This joint is pretty close to the tile wall - any particular way to shield the wall...
  6. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Thanks, John. I briefly tried to unscrew the riser from the valve assembly but it didn't budge with modest force. I was a little reluctant to try too much harder as I hadn't shut of the water main at that point and I was afraid I'd end up breaking the valve itself. It does look like the riser...
  7. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

I don't see any threads at either horizontal joint - the wall pipe to the chrome pipe or the chrome pipe to the blocky part of the valve. Looks like I'm going to have to remove this valve from the wall pipe and reconnect. Is it worth trying a compression fitting or better to just bite the...
  8. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Hey Terry. Thanks for jumping in. Pic below. This is taken w/ the camera flush to the tile wall. Once I cleaned it, I'm not sure the smaller pipe is copper, but I assume it is. The larger chromed pipe appears to be soldered onto the smaller pipe. Would the business end of the valve as...
  9. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Thanks, Jim. Behind the eschution I can see the copper pipe from the wall for about 3/4 of an inch before it enters the chrome piece seen in the original photo. Not sure if this changes your thoughts. I think there's enough of the copper pipe to hold onto. Is it the entire chromed piece that...
  10. Brayburn

Toilet supply valve help

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for reading / helping. I am doing a "light" remodel of a 1938 bathroom including replacing the fixtures. The picture shows the toilet supply line valve. Rather than a supply line nut, it appears the vertical pipe is a threaded pipe that is mounted into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks