Search results

1. jecottrell

Any Problem with Capping a Tee to a Main Water Line (to once existing sprinkler system)

Interesting reading on the subject. (I'm not a plumber and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn Express last night....) South Carolina appears to be IPC and doesn't mention dead legs. (That I could find.) The dead leg code language is to prevent Legionella from growing. Engineering and...
  2. jecottrell

Washer drain backing up

Washer standpipe and everything downstream needs to be 2". The 1 1/2" is overwhelmed by the flow rate of the washer.
  3. jecottrell

Crack in 4" sewer line

Does the crack go all the way around the pipe, or is it just on the top? Any images from the interior inspection?
  4. jecottrell

Wet Vent Issue with Upcoming New Build Bathroom Group

Thanks. Understood, about the downstairs. That passed inspection prior to the pour and there's no going back.
  5. jecottrell

It is horizontal, the explanation down thread is correct regarding my confusing iso drawing. So, the venting for the garage portion appears to be code compliant? I'm a 3A climate zone, so I don't think there's an issue with the vent freezing. The washer would require an awkward chase to be...
  6. jecottrell

Back again with the continuation of my DWV puzzle. Again, this is an apartment above a two car garage. It will be connected to the existing house by the time the project is completed. The apartment (lav, wc, shower, washing machine, kitchen sink w/ disposal) drains via a 3" branch that goes...
  7. jecottrell

I finally found that was different between IPC(IRC) and UPC and @wwhitney mentions that as well. Shower trap to its 3x3x2 wye is 80". Perfect. Like I said above, I finally found that differentiation somewhere. I thought so too, but the trusses prevent a lot of simple solutions. And, the...
  8. jecottrell

Is there anyone willing to take a look? These are my options and I'm hoping the preferred is code compliant. The first attached is the preferred solution.
  9. jecottrell

Toilet installation - correct rough-in size?

It fits, so it works. No, the toilet tank would bind against the wall. It looks like you need an American Standard Cadet or Colony two piece toilet with the associated 10" rough-in tank for each model. If you use the parametric search on the American Standard Canada website and check the 10"...
  10. jecottrell

This was going to be my solution but I'm unsure of whether the shower is legal or not.
  11. jecottrell

Georgia IRC, IPC 2018 and Georgia Amendments Hello All and thanks in advance for any help. I’ve got a new build two car garage with an apartment above that is framed and ready for rough plumbing. The apartment exterior walls are SIPS and aren’t in play for most solutions normally used in a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks