Search results

1. Niloc75

water pooling around under-slab tub/shower drain (but not above):

Hello all. I've got a roughed-in bathroom in my unfinished Seattle basement. We've had a lot of rain the last few days (so called "atmospheric river"), which we experience 1 or 2 times/year. I noticed yesterday that the dirt around my under-slab tub/shower drain was moist. Today, after much more...
  2. Niloc75

Main sewer line with more than 1/4 pitch...

Greetings. I had a plumber re-route the horizontal portion of main sewer line under the slab, but noticed that the pitch is more than 1/4"/foot. My guess is that it's closer to 1/2"/foot. Is this a problem? Everything I've read says 1/4 or less, but given that this horizontal portion does a 90...
  3. Niloc75

What's going on with my sewer drain?

Good evening. Twice now, I've snaked my ~98 year old sewer with a full 100 feet of snake, because I have water backing up in my basement after just a 4-5 minute shower. Both times, the 5/8" auto-feeding snake powered ahead with no issues both times. No roots, no apparent blockages, etc. Also...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks