Search results

1. Jcpitre

How to plumb clawfoot stop valve (straight vs tapered threads)

Very confusing. I did check (with a caliper) the IPS nipple I initially got and the thead appeared straight. And it leaked when connected to a NPT elbow. The NPT nipple I got afterwards does not leak.
  2. Jcpitre

Sorry for the confusion. I thought FIP stood for female IPS. You comments got me thinking though, and I went and rechecked the stop valve fitting. And it is NPT. My bad. I suspected it did not make sense that HD people had no idea of the difference between NPT and NPS. It's because most nipples...
  3. Jcpitre

The stop valve connector is 1/2 FIP. If I am not mistaken, it means it has parallel (straight) threads. I thought I could use a pex to threaded male adapter. But I can only find ones with NPT threads, i.e. tapered. I kind of read that connecting these two would not be watertight. What is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks