Search results

1. 404 neil

Soil pipe/flange replacement

Doing a new tiled bath floor. I have to remove the old flange which is glued and also not at the correct level. Should I just cut the pvc soil pipe halfway down and glue and extend a new one up through the floor And glue a new flange at the height I’ll need it when I’m done tiling. I have...
  2. 404 neil

Kohler thermostatic, Is this too restrictive?

Thanks thanks for the response. I did go ahead and put it all together and it seems like it worked out fine. I shouldn’t ever have all three on at one time I don’t imagine.
  3. 404 neil

Should I replace cast iron?

I meant all of the cast iron was previously replaced in my home with PVC sometime prior to when I bought it 2 years ago and I just replaced the little CI that was left on the far end of home underneath the laundry and part of kitchen soon after my ownership as it had failed. I’m sure being built...
  4. 404 neil

Yes definitely PVC super easy to work with and lightweight. Cast iron is heavy and expensive.
  5. 404 neil

I could poke thru the pipe with a flat head in many areas it was so brittle
  6. 404 neil

Yes. You will have other spots in the cast iron that are worn out even more and have thinner walls and are probably much closer to leaking. I have a1955 home and all but some cast iron still remained when I bought it. I just replaced the little that what was left of it because it degraded and...
  7. 404 neil

I've also created a diagram if that also helps make it easier. My main question is if this is too restrictive and if i need to TEE off the mixing valve or not. there are a lot of elbows in this setup and recommendations
  8. 404 neil

Hi guys, I am DIY my master shower and I have a 3/4 Kohler thermostatic mixing valve and 3 diverters for 3 heads. (regular shower head , rain shower, and shower wand). I am wondering if making a 90 elbow right off the mixer is going to hurt the flow to the rest of the 3 valves as I have them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks