Search results

1. Patrick R Wunsch

Draining a Softner Outside in Cold Climates?

This forum has been a lifesaver for me do far and I hope I can pick your brains one more time! I have an iron filter (10"x44") that I'm hoping to discharge to the outside here in northern Wisconsin. The filter uses about 75 gallons each backwash about once every 3 days. Where the discharge...
  2. Patrick R Wunsch

HELP! Significant Iron Problem with Lots of Supposed Solutions

I've got 7.5ppm iron in the water at my cottage. It's been this way for 20 years and we never dealt with it and instead opted for bottled drinking water and weekly cleaning of rusty stains on our fixtures. After a recent remodel I'm finally ready to address the issue and have talked to 6...
  3. Patrick R Wunsch

Draining for a Washing Machine Pan?

Does anyone know the appropriate way to drain a washing machine pan, particularly in a cold climate? I've seen conflicting info when researching this issue. Some recommend draining direct to the outside. Some say tie into existing DWV. Others say no p-trap needed. My scenario is its a...
  4. Patrick R Wunsch

Disregard

Can a Clothes Washer, a Shower and a Bathroom lav share the same 2" drain?
  5. Patrick R Wunsch

Toilet Fitting - Drain/Vent Question A really bad example

Would the below pictured fitting work as described in the pic? It's a dedicated 3" toilet drain entering the left side of the fitting. The right side would reduce to a 2" vent that turns upwards well under 6' from the toilet drain. The bottom empties into the main stack. I'm really limited...
  6. Patrick R Wunsch

Novice Draining Question

I have a 12' wall that has a washing machine, shower, (toilet) and a lav along it. Am I able to drain the 2" washer standpipe, a 2" shower drain and a 2" single lav drain into the same 2" drain pipe that would run directly under these 3 fixtures prior to it emptying into the 3" toilet drain...
  7. Patrick R Wunsch

12 1/2" toilet rough-in location on top of a joist.

1st time poster here. I'm remodeling a bathroom and the 12 1/2" rough-in location for my toilet is dead-centered on a 2x8 joist that runs parallel to the same wall the toilet is set back against. Unless I'm missing something, going with a 10" or 14" rough-in toilet would still clip that same...
  8. Patrick R Wunsch

Suggestions for Heating a Small 4-Season Cottage in Wisconsin?

It's my first post on this forum so hello! I am renovating a small cottage that I would like to also use in the winter here in Northern Wisconsin. The cottage is 20'x20' and 2-stories (800 sq. ft.) with a living area & kitchen in the walk-out basement and 3 small bedrooms and a bathroom up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks