Grohe bathroom faucet dripping at spout when handle is off

Users who are viewing this thread

Murphysf

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Grohe Talia 20 892 + 18 754 from 2004 and it just starting dripping hot water from the spout when the handle is in the off position.

Do I need to replace the ceramic cartridge or is there a washer that can be replaced?

Attached as pages from the manual that show the replacement parts.

Is the hot water side considered the left or the right side?

The part numbers for the cartridges are 45 625 for the right and 45 626 for the left.

Thanks!!!

grohe_talia_1.jpg
grohe_talia_2.jpg
grohe_talia_3.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
if you have your original receipt Grohe will send the cartridge. hot is left, but depending on handles you pick the opening direction. with levers we want to have different opening cartridges for each side and with round style handles we want both to be opening in the same direction

Murphysf

Reaction score
if you have your original receipt Grohe will send the cartridge. hot is left, but depending on handles you pick the opening direction. with levers we want to have different opening cartridges for each side and with round style handles we want both to be opening in the same direction
Thanks for the reply.

I just called Grohe and the person said that wear and tear on a 20 year old faucet is not covered. I then read the warranty card that came with the faucet and it didn't say anything about a number of years etc, so I called back. I spoke to a different person and he said that it is not covered as it is not a defect in workmanship. But then he said he would send out a cartridge as a one time customer courtsey. They didn't ask for the original receipt.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks