Recent content by strikercyb

1. S

Need help with garbage disposal and air admittance vent

When I run water down the sink, the water eventually back up and wont' drain as fast as the beginning, then some bubbles came up from the drain and water goes down until it back up again. I wasn't sure what was the problem but it seemed to me whomever plumb the sink didn't connect to the vent...
  2. S

I decided to buy a new disposal. As much as I don't like to throw thing away when its still working but it takes too much time at this point trying to obtain that gasket. The maker is GE Disposall GFC290-01. Still have to figure out the admittance vent issue. Any pointers are appreciated.
  3. S

I don't see anything labeled "2"? But to answer your earlier post, "B" would be part # 2006 is the bolt to keep the flange tight to the body of the drain assembly(three bolts total). "A" and "C" have the same part # as "B" which is 2006 but bolted on the main body of the disposal then slide into...
  4. S

There are three bolts between the sink strainer and the flange, then there are three bolts (the ones protruding downward) is to mate the disposal to the flange via three keyholes. I guess this model is old so they don't use the modern locking mechanism. I just now found the part diagram online...
  5. S

What actually happened was the undermounted sink fell down due to bad installation. There weren't any mounting clips underneath the sink. The sink was held by very little epoxy and silicone caulk. I remounted the silk with proper mounting clips and silicone. However, upon reinstallation, the...
  6. S

It's the angle I took the photo made the disposal looks that way.
  7. S

The water actually was coming out the opposite side of the diswasher hose. From the big lock flange right above the bucket. Reason the water got that high in the disposal because ( I think) water trap in the pipe (apologize if I used the wrong terminology).
  8. S

Seeking advice on these issues. 1. water leaking out from top of garbage disposal (the joint right above the dishwasher drain pipe). Is there a replacement seal available? 2. Trying to install air admittance vent(s), what is the best way to plumb? The 45 degree bents after the p-traps is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks