Recent content by DirtyJerz

1. DirtyJerz

Black jelly growing in my bathroom sink drains, what do I do

The brass trap is older. The offset drain I bought myself. I promise you it’s all 1.25”
  2. DirtyJerz

it's 1.5 in the wall but all the piping before that is 1.25. (out of curiosity, why is smaller better?) as far as bleach, what ratio of bleach to water? happy to pour just undiluted but suspect that's not ideal.
  3. DirtyJerz

Nope, the only thing remotely interesting about this sink is that the drain does not go straight down but makes a 90º turn first. See my photo of it on this older post.
  4. DirtyJerz

I've got some black jelly growing in my bathroom sink drain. Cleaned everything out a few months ago when it basically stopped draining, but now it's back and I can actually see it slowly growing out of the drain pipe into the strainer. What is this stuff and how do I stop it from growing? The...
  5. DirtyJerz

Multiple leaks uponor pex 2012 home

I have all copper in my house which was built in the early 80s. I will probably be asking my builder to use all copper and brass when the time comes to build our next one. But it’s expensive and my understanding is that for people on well water, chlorine can be corrosive and cause pinhole...
  6. DirtyJerz

You said yourself your pipes are over 10 years old, so I don’t know that having no problems over the past 8 years is really saying much. Maybe in another 5 years they are going to have the same problems again.
  7. DirtyJerz

Properly sealing sink strainer

How come? And yes this is being mated to a stainless steel sink.
  8. DirtyJerz

Properly sealing sink strainer

About two years ago, I redid the strainers on my kitchen sinks. Removed the old strainers, completely cleaned everything out, put down a liberal amount of fresh plumber's putty, connected everything together, seemed to work great. Over time, a little bit of putty would ooze out the top. I would...
  9. DirtyJerz

That makes no sense to me but I’m not a lawyer. That said, filing a claim can’t really disqualify you unless you actually agree to something that says that you waive any right to further action. If you never agree to something like this, I don’t see what mechanism they would have to deny...
  10. DirtyJerz

Pressure Issue

Have you checked the thermostat on the new water heater? the default is 120, your old one was probably set to something higher. in the winter i crank mine up as the heater is in the basement and with colder ground water and no insulation on the pipes, losses are real. your own testing indicates...
  11. DirtyJerz

Pipe incursions into garage ceiling code violation

All you need to do is just build a box out of 2x4 to cover the pipers, then screw fire-rated gypsum board onto the newly built joists. No need to do it for the entire ceiling and completely removes the need to verify what kind of fire caulk or foam is acceptable.
  12. DirtyJerz

Pinhole leaks in hot water only

Yeah these homes were all built at the same time by the same builders. So I doubt they were using different grades of copper across them.
  13. DirtyJerz

The ones in our house are all type L
  14. DirtyJerz

Are you able to receive forum emails?

Can confirm just got a thread notification email for the first time in years. Thanks so much!
  15. DirtyJerz

These houses were built 35 years ago. No recirculating lines in them. Sediment from the water heater was my thought too.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks