Bathroom Makeover

Users who are viewing this thread

NoviceDIY

Reaction score
I am redoing the bedroom bathroom and need to replace the wall flanges that are badly corroded. I would like to do this without having to remove the shutoff valves. Does anyone make aftermarket wall flanges with a slit that can slip over the piping?

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
escutcheons

There are hinged ones, but they look tacky. One company makes a "spiral" plastic one the slips over the pipe, but I haven't been able to find it again.

Solsacre

Plumber
Reaction score
tacky tacky tacky.....

If your going through the expence of re-do'n your bathroom, invest in one of two options...

Replace the escutcheons yourself: If it's galvanized (I hope not) just screw them off. shouldn't take more than two hours. :p if Copper there are several tools that will remove the comp. nut or you can work it gently off with a pair of chanal locks.... grip the nut from the outlet side and work it back and forth.

or

When your Paint is dry call in a good plumber: any plumber should be able to replace the escutcheons (2 lav 1 toilet) withing the 1 hour min. Money well spent for a good clean finish job.

If your going to do it do it right. good luck

dances-with-pumps

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks