Best bathroom fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I have three full baths. They are all twenty years old and they are in very good condition. We are in a dilemma over here that if we sell the house some folks want a redone bathroom and some folks it doesn't matter what the bathroom looks like they will redo the bathroom to their liking and we just wasted some bucks on redoing the baths. The place was built in 2004 but has gold Delta fixtures from the early 90's style. I wanted to know what the experts like in brands for durability, quality and looks for fixtures. We figure we get replacement fixtures and get at least the bathroom looking like from this century. hey thanks for the advice for fixture brands and also the idea is it a good one to replace all the fixtures then spending the bucks in redoing the baths. The tiles are in excellent shape and the cabinetry is fine.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
We completed a 3-million-dollar house in Riverdale.

The owner decided he wanted more land around the house so it would face the Hudson River.

The house was never lived in and was sold for a little more than 3 million.

The new Owers wife decided she did not like the color or the fixtures, so we had the contract to redo all the bathrooms and kitchen.

Funny how peoples say money is no object willing to mutilate a perfectly beautiful home as they wanted more of a "personal touch."

Better off selling as is because any color you pick someone will loathe.

Reaction score
Hey Sylvan - I agree with you that it is a waste of doing up the bath fixtures because there are the types who will always will redo it. How about the folks who want move in ready and they want everything updated and they themselves don't want to change anything. There is a group of buyers who are in that category. The unit above us changed hands several times. A owner redid their baths and sold to B. B kept everything the same. B lived there for four years and sold to C. C just moved in and redid the baths. Concern is about the B types. In any case any recommendations on fixtures?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The gold dates the home and could turn off younger buyers. The number one item selling a home is cleanliness. In our current home we overhauled two bathrooms. The wife and I selected Delta fixtures. They are made in China with high quality chrome with equal fit and finish.

1708352110869.jpeg

Reaction score
Thanks for the scoop. The current fixtures are Delta. One thing about Delta their customer service is really strong. They have in the past were really easy to work with and they shipped replacement parts free of charge on shipping and the parts themselves. Based on that I was leaning towards them. Yes we are also looking to replace everything with "silver" chrome. etc.

PepeLePue

Reaction score
If you have widespread faucets, the only thing I would say is that I hate the Moen 3 hole widespread faucet install mechanics. Assuming you're going to be doing this yourself, you may want to stick with Delta. I just did 12 Moen and loathed every minute. They still use regular nut so need to have a basin wrench and depending on clearance may be damn near impossible to tighten it down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks